HISTORIA DE HONDURAS II (Semana del 30 de mayo al 3 de junio de 2016)
Los alumnos harán una prueba de logros de lo visto en clase en el último parcial sobre durante esta semana los alumnos estudiarán lo referente a los eventos de la historia de Honduras en el siglo XIX y harán la evaluación escrita final.
P.E Class this week May 30-3, 2016
I Would like to remind parents to send your children dressed in an appropriate way for the days that they have P.E.class:
– No dresses for the girl
– No jeans
– No crocks
– No Sandals
– No boots
-No Converse(All Stars)
Children who are not wearnig the appropriate clothing will not be allowed to participate in P.E class.
Goals: We will use the word R. E. S. P. E. C. T. to set the main goals for the year.
R – Right to Learn – Every child has this right to be educated!
E – Effort – Win or lose, trying is the most important trait.
S – Safety – The number one priority each and every day!
P – Purpose – Understanding how the activity can benefit you.
E – Enthusiasm – Positive energy creates a positive environment!
C – Challenge – Challenge yourself to improve each day.
T – Trust/Teamwork – Work with and trust others, the result can be amazing!
Don’t leave supervised areas!
During this week,we will have a review of all the sports that are concerned with the synthetic soccer field.
This way the students will have a better understanding in sports such as: Kickball, Traditional games and dodgeball.
Mon-Tues: Review, work on study guide
Wed-Language Arts exam 10 a.m.
Have a great summer! I will miss you guys.
FINAL EXAM REVIEW WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here is your student created study guide: Study Guide. On Monday you will review as a group and on Tuesday we will work on the essays.
Don’t forget that you can and should write your essay early. It is due the day of the exam, but you can turn it in at any point before for teacher feedback. Your exam is on Friday at 8am. A friendly reminder that if you are missing work and it is causing you to fail, you will not be permitted to leave the exam until you have made up your work.
|To ensure students are acquiring knowledge from the texts they are reading, on this week we will focus on reading comprehension. When students comprehend a text they can:
- Evaluate and discuss ideas
- Apply and extend these ideas to real life situations
- Apply and extend these ideas to other texts
- Determine and remember the most important points in the text
- Read “between the lines” to understand underlying meanings
*Students must read everyday*
Students can practice their reading on a daily basis by choosing a story in the following website:
HW: Homework will depend on daily exercises or activities done in class. The student will complete at home unfinished classroom exercises or activities.
*Recommended sites for this week:
…and your “tools” for daily usage:
ESL/SSL students are evaluated on a weekly basis as follows:
MONDAY: ORAL PROFICIENCY EVALUATION
CONVERSATION – your overall ability to communicate in SPANISH.
WEDNESDAY: GRAMMAR & VOCABULARY EVALUATION
Writing – your ability to communicate your ideas in well structured sentences.
FRIDAY: WEEKLY EVALUATION LESSONS & VOCABULARY – vocabulary knowledge and lesson’s comprehension.
ESL / SSL
Hard Edge Painting
This following week students will continue to paint their HEP using acrylic as a medium.
Semester Review (see topics below):
Agriculture & Pesticides & Land Usage- Due Fri, May 27th
Geology & Air & Water- Due Mon, May 30th
Environment & Economy- Due Tues, May 31st
2nd Semester Exam Review
Agriculture & Pest Management
- Describe causes for and the effects of human malnutrition and obesity- particularly how agricultural technique and environmental health impact these
- Describe the three basic soil types and their advantages and disadvantages
- Identify the layers of the soil and where they are found
- Identify the causes and effects of soil degradation
- Identify the processes involved in genetic engineering
- Debate the benefits and disadvantages of genetically engineered crops
- Identify the major types of pesticide and what they are effective against
- Identify the risk for the environment and human health as caused by the major types of pesticides
- Describe the benefits of pesticide use
- Identify alternatives to chemical pesticides
- Describe what causes pesticide resistance
- Identify the ecosystem services forests, grassland, and wetlands offer
- Identify the causes of deforestation
- Identify the effects of deforestation on the ecosystem
- Describe sustainable ways of harvesting timber
- Describe the benefits and problems with forest and grassland fires
- Define overgrazing and differentiate between the ways native and non-native organisms graze
- Describe how plate tectonics have shaped the surface of the Earth and how this has changed throughout time
- Identify the three basic rock types, how they are formed, and how they are converted into one another in the rock cycle
- Describe the various processes by which materials are mined and the environmental impacts of these processes
- Describe the processing of ore and the environmental impacts of this processing
- Identify sustainable ways to mine and process ores
Air & Water
- Identify the major water compartments and how they interact
- Discuss the availability of clean water has impact human history
- Identify the major types of water pollution and the impacts they have on human health
- Identify how water can be cleaned of its pollutants
- Identify the major types of air pollutants, their sources, and how they are formed
- Identify the effects of air pollution on human health and plants
- Describe how air pollution is spread throughout the biosphere
- Identify ways in which air pollution can be reduced
The Environment & The Economy
- Describe the relationships between supply and demand
- Describe market equilibrium and how and why it has changed over time
- Differentiate between a natural resource economy and an ecological economy
- Describe the types of capital and resources
- Describe internalized and externalized costs
- Identify ways in which the environment impacts the economy
- Describe the relationship between marginal cost of pollution and marginal cost of pollution abatement and how society will deal with these
- Describe different systems by which a resource can be managed
- Identify the ways that green business can appeal to customers and reduce their environmental impact
Durante esta semana los alumnos estudiarán lo referente a los eventos de la historia de Honduras en el siglo XIX y harán la evaluación escrita final.